Saturday, March 25, 2006

Written. Cast. Blocked. Drunk. I've often wondered what it would be like to meet James Woods. I'll tell you. He's a cranky old man same as any. The trouble is that he does his job and he does it well. Like no one else. And for every film he makes a population of the world sees him doing his job. How does one achieve longevity? How does one who aspires to make films stay crazy and keep from turning into an idiot.
I was drinking an adious; liquor bomb blue as a summer sky, while a friend played a set in some dingy rock club. My friend played great music for an audience of twenty. The band their goodbyes took down their equipment and went off stage. The band that followed was a Guns and Roses cover band. Suddenly the club was filled with long haireds. My drink was gone and I felt like I had fallen twenty years into the past, the sick and deafening thing (other than the music) was the size of an audience the cover band drew. My friends group brought together brilliant kids that played great new music but sure enough the masses wanted to hear a Guns and Roses cover band. I was too drunk to point this out to the audience. So I left. I had a hangover the next day at work but not because of the booze. The importance of Popularity vs. Invention is stagering, sickening and discouraging. 2months till our two weeks. Lets make something great.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home